La Banque Postale is developing a wide range of home loans for all buyer profiles. The most modest first-time buyers, in particular, can benefit from a zero-interest loan in addition to their main loan to increase their real estate purchasing power. What are the main features of the Banque Postale PTZ? How to benefit from this 0% envelope for your project? The complete point with the ferrets.
What is a zero rate loan?
The zero rate loan , or PTZ , is an envelope that can complement a main mortgage. Reserved for modest households but also for the middle classes, it gives you access to 0% financing, without interest reimbursement.
The PTZ is designed to promote home ownership . It is intended for buyers who have not owned their principal residence for at least two years. Its main characteristics make it a particularly flexible and advantageous tool for many profiles.
The device is mainly designed for buyers of new housing. It is also possible to benefit from it for the purchase of old housing in certain well-defined areas (B2 and C). You will have to reserve at least 25% of the financing for energy renovation or upgrading work.
The repayment period of the PTZ is capped at 25 years. The borrower may initially repay only his main mortgage. The PTZ can be accompanied by a deferred period without any reimbursement, for a period of between 5 and 15 years. The PTZ of the Postal Bank leaves the choice to the borrower between a formula with or without deferred.
The eligibility conditions of the PTZ at the Postal Bank
The distribution of the zero-rate loan requires a prior agreement with the public authorities. La Banque Postale is one of the establishments with this accreditation. She can offer you an interesting offer with a mortgage with a PTZ.
To take advantage of a 0% rate on part of your credit, you must meet certain eligibility criteria:
- The financing must be used exclusively to purchase your principal residence . It is not possible to benefit from it for example for a rental investment or a second home ;
- As indicated above, the PTZ is reserved for first-time buyers , or borrowers who have not owned their main residence for at least two years;
- The PTZ is subject to resource ceilings for the beneficiary household. This ceiling is assessed according to the reference tax income (RFR) for year N-2 of the household.
The income ceiling applicable to your situation depends on both the housing area and the composition of your household. Here is the detail of the applicable thresholds for the year 2023:
|Number of occupants of the dwelling||Zone A bis and A||Area B1||Area B2||C-zone|
How much for a PTZ at the Postal Bank?
The amount of a rate loan is not fixed and identical from one borrower to another:
- On the one hand, the proportion of zero-rate loan financing is likely to vary depending on your resources. In the best case, you will be able to benefit from a PTZ up to 40% of the total amount of your project ;
- On the other hand, the amount lent will not be the same depending on the geographical area and the composition of the household.
Estimating your future PTZ can be complex. To give you a first estimate, here is an indication of the maximum amount of a PTZ Banque Postale in 2023 depending on your area of residence and the number of occupants of the accommodation:
|Number of occupants of the dwelling||Area A||Area B1||Area B2||C-zone|
|5 and more||€345,000||€311,000||€253,000||€230,000|
How to obtain a zero rate loan from the Postal Bank?
Do you want to take out a mortgage with PTZ from the Banque Postale? There are different ways to submit a request.
- If you are already a La Banque Postale customer, all you have to do is contact your designated adviser by telephone or email. You can arrange a meeting to discuss your home ownership project, and check your eligibility for the PTZ. A first simulation can be carried out on site.
- Not yet a customer? La Banque Postale can offer you an initial appointment with an adviser, in a post office near you. You can request it by telephone on 36 39 , or go directly to an agency.
As a reminder, the benefit of the La Banque Postale zero-rate loan is of course subject to the prior examination of your file but also to its validation. A bank adviser will check your eligibility for the PTZ, more broadly for a mortgage .
Simulate your future PTZ with lesferets
Are you entitled to PTZ? You can get a first idea before even requesting an appointment with the Postal Bank. Consult the lesfurets PTZ simulator now to make an initial estimate based on a few basic elements on your profile!