The design of license-free cars is now more attractive than it was a few years ago. They now exist in four places and look more and more like small city cars. Price, power, insurance… Focus on carts.
The characteristics of the car without a license
Far from the old-fashioned cars that were found before, today’s license-free cars offer a more modern design and end up looking like quite classic mini city cars .
On the other hand, there are very real differences between the two models:
- a car without a license may have only one rear license plate ;
- it cannot drive at more than 45 km/h ;
- he is prohibited from driving on motorways and expressways .
Who can drive a car without a licence?
People born before January 1, 1988 can drive a cart without a license or BSR (road safety certificate).
On the other hand, for people born after January 1, 1988 , it is compulsory to be at least 14 years old and to hold the BSR .
How much does a cart cost?
- For a two-seater model, the price is around €10,000 , with additional options and the model obviously influencing the price.
- The 4-seater license-free car models are available in city cars and utility cars. You can choose between the different energies: petrol, diesel or electric. The comfort and the level of equipment are superior to a classic model, as is the solidity in the event of an impact. The first models start at around €12,000 and can reach more than €20,000 for the most advanced vehicles.
What insurance for a car without a license?
Carts are insured like classic cars . Like any land motor vehicle, car insurance is compulsory.
Insurance companies tend to look favorably on drivers of unlicensed cars because they are less involved in accidents .
You can turn to an all-risk or third-party car insurance formula . The legal minimum being third-party insurance ( civil liability ).
Whatever formula you choose for your car insurance without a license , the following guarantees are recommended:
- insurance against theft and fire ;
- warranty against glass breakage ;
- the damage guarantee , because car repairs without a license are expensive;
- the driver’s personal guarantee to be compensated in the event of bodily injury.